Welcome to Jefferson Elementary School
We are asking parents to help us with our required daily health screenings. Please take a minute to complete a health screening for your student prior to sending them to school each day. If they are not scheduled for in-person instruction, you do not need to complete this form. Instructions are included at the top of the form. Thank you!
Jefferson Elementary: https://forms.gle/NJSviTQ9sowyVVsAA
The Massac Unit #1 Return to School Plan and the rationale behind the plan have been posted to the Massac Unit #1 website at unit1.massac.org.
This instructional plan allows for a return to in-person learning for students while holding paramount the health and safety of our students and community. The blended learning model of instruction allows students to access to in-person instruction Monday through Thursday along with distance/remote learning on Fridays.
This letter was sent home to families to explain how Chromebooks are being distributed.
- Please watch for communication from your child's teacher regarding grade level distribution.
- Parents and students must sign the District Chromebook Loan Agreement before a device will be issued at school.
Welcome Back Letter
The first day of school for students will be August 17th (A Group) or August 18th (B Group). All students will be assigned an A/B schedule Monday through Thursday. Students on the A schedule will attend school in person on Mondays and Wednesdays. Students on the B schedule will attend in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Fridays, all students will attend virtually. This schedule will allow students to become acclimated to the new procedures being implemented in each building.
A/B schedule information was emailed to parents/guardians of students on August 11th. We also ask that you complete the following forms prior to the first day of school.
Student Immunizations & Health Forms
- Physical forms are required for all new students, kindergarten students, and returning sixth grade students. Blood lead screenings are required of children below the age of six if they have not been previously screened.
- All children enrolling in kindergarten and any student enrolling for the first time in school are required to have an eye examination.
- Physical & Vision Exams can be dated within 1 year of Aug. 12, 2020.
- All Illinois children in kindergarten, Grade 2, Grade 6, and Grade 9 are required to have an oral health examination. School dental examinations must have been completed within the 18 months prior to the May 15 deadline.
- Please contact the office if you have any questions regarding health records. Forms are below.
IMMUNIZATION - Health Examination Form
The Bobcat Pledge!
To inspire and nurture well-rounded, lifelong learners with high expectations.
Every student counts. Every lesson matters.